Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Stuff

My weight was same-same this morning. I am glad that I have been holding steady, but more and more I am thinking I need to do something to now start moving downward... I have been dreaming about exercise. I said that in my last post - but I have dreamed it since then. I was pretty disgusted with myself this weekend. I did nothing - and I had plenty of opportunity to do lots! I even woke up in time to make water ballet on Sunday - but didn't go. It was beautiful weather, but I didn't take a walk. I need to form new habits. The FIRST habit I need to form is getting dressed in the mornings - even when I think I don't have to go anywhere. My current habit is to wear my jammies until I have to go somewhere, or I can't stand it any longer. I need to resolve NOT to leave my room (OK - the bathroom) until after I have gotten dressed. Maybe if I was actually wearing clothes rather than PJs I would take a walk... Something.

Yoga is starting a new session this week. It runs in 13 week sessions. Level one loops back to the beginning. That basically means that we are starting over focusing on our legs and how they affect our poses. After about four weeks of that we do more on our pelvis and core, then we move up to our back and shoulders for the last six weeks or so. I like the later sessions better than the earlier ones. They are HARDER (i.e. focusing more of our weight on our arms and stuff - hard for me with my no upper body strength and LOTS of bottom body weight!) but I prefer it anyway...

No comments: