Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Holding steady

Seems every time I get excited (moderately) about nicer weather staying around here for good, another cold front moves into town. Oh well.

So my routine has been pretty good but it can always be better. But I continue to trim, especially from my upper body. My poochy stomach continues its stubborn ways but I'm making inroads to eliminating it.

I started a push-up routine that will eventually lead me to do 100 push-ups in a row. It's only three days a week and takes less than 10 minutes. So far I'm progressing.

I went for a 7-mile hike on Sunday with the nickname the "roller coaster." Yeah, my calves are still screaming from that and my knees didn't like it much, but overall I burned a lot of calories and it was great to be outdoors.

I'm going to have the tires changed on my bike to a slightly thicker tire so I can take the bike on some rougher roads. I'm camping at Assateague in a couple of weeks and want to be able to ride on the beach and on the roads around the area. My other tires are slicks and just don't work so well off road -- I proved that a couple of years ago when I wrecked the bike.

This weekend I'm headed to Phoenix to visit friends who have a 5-month-old and we're going to head to the Grand Canyon. I planned this trip very late so I won't be hiking to the bottom of the canyon but I do hope to get in one good hike.

With Congress in recess I hope to get in some extra workouts and set a good pace for the next couple of months.

No comments: