Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Not enjoying the general trend

My weight was 145.0 this morning.  Yikes.  It's been creeping up over the last several days and landed here yesterday, though it dropped again a bit before I got around to eating breakfast so I didn't count it as "real" yet.  But today it was real.  Sigh.  I've been getting a little more exercise, what with the skiing, but I think my body is settling into the new routine of having to walk a lot and take buses everywhere and it's re-focused on gaining weight.

Yesterday I declared that I wouldn't eat between meals unless it was fruit or veggies, and I did just fine with that, except then we went out to a restaurant for dinner (pretty rare for us here, and after the expense of last night -- more than the cost of a week's groceries, and groceries aren't cheap, either -- it will be even rarer) and I ate a lot.  I had reindeer steak for dinner (bitter at first, but I got used to the flavor and it wasn't bad -- Mary hated it, though) with mashed potatoes and vegetables (mostly brussels sprouts, though, and kind of soggy, so I didn't eat many) and a roll with butter and some garlic shrimp for starters and my share of a bottle of red wine and a dessert of cloudberries and cream cheese, probably way loaded with calories -- I was too full even to finish.  So that undid any good of eating well yesterday.

Today I'm doing better.  I had a reasonable breakfast and lunch, and we got oranges at the grocery store this afternoon so I had one of those, plus I ate the remnants of the two that Cecilia ate (she won't eat all the way to the peel, and there's a lot of yummy stuff left!).  But oranges are practially free.  Calorie-wise, not in price -- though the price was a remarkable 5 kr per kilogram, about 35 cents a pound!  It's rare to find anything that affordable here.  I wish I could go back and get a couple dozen more -- they were sweet and tasted almost like clementines, but they were huge.  Yum.

I'll keep at it the rest of this week and see if I can reverse the upward trend before Easter!  Next week there will probably be chocolate and jelly beans, so I'm in a little trouble, but there won't be half-price leftover Easter candy so it won't go on nearly as long as it usually does, and maybe I won't see such a big penalty on my weight chart this year.  I'm already at my post-Easter-binge weight, so I don't need to go up any further.

No comments: