Thursday, March 05, 2009

Going Down?

Probably not, but I was down almost 4 POUNDS from last week - which pretty much brought me back to where I have been all along. Wow - party weekends really do a number on me!! This past week included Ash Wednesday, and a non-eventful weekend. So I didn't eat much. Katie and I are just about finishing up the left overs from the past two weeks of parties - but we are pretty much down to nothing now. Last night I didn't eat dinner because Katie went out with Susie, and I wasn't particularly inspired by anything in the house. I had a fairly late, somewhat calorie intensive (real mac and cheese) lunch, so at about 11pm I ate a handful of nuts (mostly almonds) to keep my stomach from growling overnight. It didn't growl, but the smoke alarm went off at 3am!! So often when I wake up during the night all I can think to do is eat. I didn't this time. I scowled at the alarm until I realized that the house wasn't burning down and the alarm was no longer going off, went back to bed, and managed to fall back to sleep.

Recent improvements I have noticed... This yoga thing seems to be helping parts of me. I have noticed in the past two weeks that I don't worry about getting out of the bathtub anymore. I know! Silly - but it has made a difference. I don't know if I am stronger, or more limber, or what - but I don't feel quite so much like I will end up living in the bathtub! My lower back - while still causing me some pain - isn't as bad as it was, and I have figured out how to hold my lower back so it doesn't get as tired. I hold my sholders straighter. And TODAY, I was demonstrating Downdog at work (like you do...) and I (while still REALLY BAD) was better than the other two people who did it. Mostly, I noticed that I didn't bunch my shoulders up and I didn't SEEM to be in as much pain as them... 8-)

No comments: