Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Geeez! I almost forgot

I haven't been on the blog in a while. I didn't realize how long until I logged in today.

I do NOT have Celiac Disease. Yay! I was getting very worried about that. I don't - and that puts me back at square one with my stomach issues - but since I have dealt with these problems since I was 14 I am OK with that.

My blood was not anemic anymore and my vitamin D levels were fine. My sed levels, however, were still up and higher than in December. This is the non-specific indicator that picks up on inflamation somewhere in your body. 20 is the high end of normal. I was 23 in December and 27 this month. She wants me to have my blood tested AGAIN next month. I told her that I thought it was my emergency root canal (happened about a week after my blood test) that was causing the inflamation. She said possibly but she wanted to do some other tests since I have been talking about joint pain. She checked me for artritis in December, and I don't have it. Lately, though, my legs have been having that "growing pain" sort of ache in them that I (Dr. Amy) have decided the increase in my iron has caused. Who knows. Since Friday the aching has been so bad that I think maybe it is a virus - which is good, because that means it will go away. My buzzing back and foot muscle hasn't stopped. She wants me to see a neurologist - but I am not convinced that it is worth the effort. I am sure it is just muscle twitching at very high speeds. Sarah said that I should go because an achy tooth is no big deal until you need an emergency root canal. I don't think this is QUITE the same thing - but maybe I should have it checked. I have this fear of doctors thinking that I am just making it up - or worse - making a mountain out of a molehill! But on the other hand, twice in the past month I have been told spontaneously that indications of gall bladder trouble are felt in your shoulder blade. Maybe I will call next week for that...

Anyway - Last night I dreamed I was exercising. I dreamed I was doing lateral pull downs using 310 pounds. Hummmm. In my dream I was wondering why everyone always told me to do 40-70 pounds on the lat machines when I was capable of doing 310 pounds. The trainer in the gym (in my dream) said that I should be able to handle more weight since I had about 1/16th of an inch of muscle in my shoulders... I don't know what THAT meant. I think I need to start working out again.

Yoga has been going well. I still like it - it definitely makes me feel stronger and more balanced.

No comments: