Tuesday, March 10, 2009

144.2

I didn't actually remember to weigh myself this morning, but I can guarantee that's what it would have said, because that is what it has said every single morning for the past week, except one, when it said 143.2.  I think it's stuck.  And I weighed myself long after breakfast today, when I did finally remember, and it was 144.2 then.  My exercise has just been walking around the neighborhood a few times, or walking around downtown, yesterday (I went to change money and they wouldn't take it at the nearer post office, so I had to go downtown to do it -- and it turns out all those people who claim the post office gives the best deal are wrong.  Bad exchange rate and high fee, by my standards.  ATM fees were cheaper, and the rate was better.  But at least we're not sitting on any excess cash anymore).  Nothing vigorous.  I don't get a lot of movement within the apartment, so any added walking over what I'd do in Blacksburg is offset by the lack of walking inside.  And our eating has been so-so -- not too much food, but not as many whole grains or vegetables and fruit as I would normally like.  Now we have that cash, so we'll be OK for shopping for the week, and I can get more fruits and veggies.  That probably won't change my weight significantly, but I'll feel healthier, at least!

No comments: