Tuesday, March 03, 2009

144.2

I don't know what that is relative to my scale at home; this scale definitely reads lighter than mine there.  But I've dropped two pounds (it was three) since I first weighed myself here, so that can be taken as meaningful.  I have not done any formal exercise, even once, since we arrived; I haven't even figured out where I could do crunches, since the entire apartment is hardwood and I am without a mat and the towels have the texture of sandpaper.  There is a small area rug on the living room floor, but it is covered up by a large coffee table, and it doesn't seem worth the effort to rearrange just for crunches.  If I am inspired to crunch, I guess I'll work something out.

I have not been inside a car since the 21st, when we arrived, and I've been getting out in public, so logic dictates that I have been getting some exercise.  It's more walking than at home, but probably not enough to qualify as exercise, especially since in the home I am getting less exercise, since it's all on one floor.  I do have my WAtP video with me, but I hesitate to distress the neighbors downstairs with that!  The days are getting longer, and today the temperature is above freezing, so walking in the neighborhood is a real possibility, at least in the near future. I am eating a little less, because food is so expensive that I feel guilty when I eat anything unhealthy.  At any rate, my weight seems not bad for now, and my clothes are fitting just fine, so I'll probably keep doing what I'm doing for now and see how things go over the next few weeks.

No comments: