Tuesday, November 18, 2008

My weight today

I was lower today by four pounds too - so maybe we are shivering off the weight. I can't imagine ONE session of water aerobics and one day of eating a fibery lunch lost me four pounds. The good thing is that I felt fat this morning so I expected to weight A LOT - so I was relieved. It was actually only about thre-ish pounds now that I think about it - but it was on the low end of my range, which was surprising.

I just got back from my first holiday event of the year. The Transmitter Team does a dinner out and ornament exchange every year. This year we went to Ruth Chris Steak House. I had never been there. It was fabulous - but honestly, the filet and crab cakes at Bonefish were just as good. The service was excellent - which almost made it worth the money. We had a prix-fix menu for $50 - and we had choices throughout. I had the ahi tuna sashimi app (but I got to try the crab stuffed mushrooms also). Then there was a salad. My entree was a mixed grill, which was a 4 oz filet, a half size crab cake, and a crab stuffed chicken breast. It had steamed veggies and garlic mashed potatoes to go along. I had cheesecake for dessert. It was VERY yummy and we all had a lot of fun.

The ornament exchange was fun as always. We do it as a double round robin. First we each get to pick and open a package. Then we do a second round where we can keep our or take any from anyone else at the table. There was not an ornament that I didn't want there tonight. It was fun. I ended up with a clip on bright blue glass bird with a fluffy feather tail. It is similar to some I have already - but I really like it.

No comments: