Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Last week....

....I found the 147.something impossible to believe. This week I'm finding the 142.4 on the scale equally impossible to believe. I'm like one of those crazy ads for diet pills: "lose five pounds in one week!" Yesterday I had been 144.2 and was just hoping to match that amount today since it seemed like a realistic loss (assuming the 147 was wrong and my actual weight was somewhere around 145).

I'm still keeping up with the exercise, although I didn't get out on my bike this weekend and my evening schedule this week means I can't commute by bike (two basketball games, a book fair, scout meeting and scout overnight). But I should be able to get to the gym at least three days this week (I've been aiming for four, but I've got a couple of days this week where I have to be at the kids' schools midday, so I won't be able to take a break those days). Last night I dreamt about swimming. In my dream, it was fun. Wish that were the case in real life!

2 comments:

Vicki said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vicki said...

EDITED version -- You know there are some other things you can do in the pool that don't require a freestyle stroke and are actually harder. Use some flippers and go as fast as you can on your back. You should find that your abs literally catch fire. Just don't smack your head on the wall. :-) You can also do it on your stomach but I've always found my back to be the hardest. Maybe instead of meeting for brunch we can meet for a swim lesson? haha
There should be some good books at the bookstore (I know, crazy place to find them) that could provide a mixture of activities so you can change up your workouts and not get bored.