Monday, November 24, 2008

Monday update

So on Friday I ended up running five miles, which is more than I've run in one session since college. I think it may have been too much, too soon, though because I spent the next couple of hours with my chest feeling really tight. Not dangerous-tight--just I-went-too-far tight. I'm hoping to get back to the gym today, but with a 4:15 conference with Claire's teacher I'm not sure I can make it.

I've also been walking around the past 24 hours or so with a pinched nerve in my back. Ouchie ouchie ouchie. I blame it on bad sleeping this weekend--Friday night on the hard floor of the scout room packed in among 30 or so little girls, then Saturday night in my own bed but wedged between two little kids so I could barely move. For the first time in his life Connor insisted on sleeping in my bed, and Claire, of course, takes every opportunity to sleep in my bed. Turns out it's not quite big enough for three. The pain started yesterday afternoon and makes any upper body movement (including deep breathing) hurt!

Anyone reading my Daily Plate log saw that I completely gave up on dieting over the weekend. Saturday, in particular, I made a conscious decision about midday that it wasn't worth it and I was just going to eat and not worry about what I was eating. I was a bit better yesterday, but not by much!

No comments: