Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Progress

While a couple of the main contributors to this blog are globetrotting I'll post an update.

So after weeks of eating the same thing day after day I've finally seen a solid drop in weight. I hate scales so I don't know how much but all of clothes are fitting much looser, including the pants I bought after losing weight last year that then got too tight. Argh.

I've been sticking with a regular routine of plain yogurt, a fruit smoothie or oatmeal and fruit for breakfast. I recently eliminated my mid-morning snack and decided to go straight to lunch so I could plan to have dinner at a normalish hour. I think that's really helped with the weight loss. So for lunch I do a salad with a lot of fresh stuff I buy from the farmers market then I have a yogurt or fruit or almonds for a mid-afternoon snack. Then dinner and that has consistently been the chicken tacos I make. So good.

Exercise has been sporadic. I haven't been into a regular routine but I've been staying very active. So maybe that's helping. But my intention is to use this boost to drop some of those stubborn extra pounds.

Another Congressional recess is coming up and I hope to maybe establish a routine and carry it through July to the LONG August recess.

No comments: