Tuesday, June 02, 2009

It's been a couple of weeks

Since it didn't look like anyone was reading the blog, I didn't bother posting.

I've had one tough week and one easy week with training--two weeks ago I did four regular training days (two running, two swimming) then the 100 miles (only I did kilometers) of nowhere on Saturday. After a week with eight hours of exercise and 4500 calories burned, I went easy last week--one day swimming, one cycling, and one just plain old walking. I'm back to more normal this week, although with Encampment this weekend I won't be able to get in any cycling and will probably only manage four days of exercise. I can't wait for this year to end. I think that I shouldn't have taken on scouts AND triathlon in the same year. It's too much.

My weight has stayed pretty consistent. I was 141.6 this morning. In a way I'm kind of relieved that Brian lost his job--as long as it doesn't become a semi-permanent situation! But it means that once the craziness of the end of the year is over, I'll be able to manage more time training on weekends and in the evenings. I was dreading the summer when I don't have lunch breaks to get to the gym (since I tend to be running Claire home from camp) and Brian has to do his sleeping in two shifts, one in the morning and one in the evening, to work around Connor's school schedule. With no job to go to, Brian can sleep normally and not have to leave the house at 9 at night and will be home if I want to get in early morning workouts (not that that's likely--I hate exercising first thing in the morning. The only good thing about it is getting it out of the way!).

No comments: