Thursday, August 28, 2008

Younger muscles

Sarah and I had a funny (not) conversation about being twice people's age. How is it that we could possibly be twice someone's age? I am still used to being the person who is half someone's age. When did we switch???


But that led to a conversation about a study done recently about exercise not only making you healthier, but actually reversing the aging of our muscles. You get YOUNGER by exercising. I have got to tell you, this is one of the best motivations I have received in a long time for exercising! I want to get younger. I wonder what exercises I can do for my face. Maybe I will start chewing gum again. I know I looked a lot younge when I used to chew gum. Sarah - if you think of it I would like to see that study that you were talking about.

Anyway, I have decided today that I am no longer going gluten free. I guess I will still make gluten free choice when I can (i.e. rice instead of pasta) but I have decided not to spend the money on gluten free bread for toast anymore. This means I can start having sandwiches for lunch. It is SO hard trying to pack lunches without bread! I am going to continue to try to be sugar free (as possible). I think I have a bigger problem with sugar anyway. I get reflux immediately now days when I eat sugar or sweet snacks.

I was going to say something about wanting to start using the pool at the gym - but after reading Sarah's post I am rethinking it. 8-) Sarah - you need to wear Speedo's and do the sidestroke!

No comments: