Thursday, August 21, 2008

It's been too long

Hello everyone, 

Sorry I haven't posted in awhile but it seems everyone has been in a similar mode. July was crazy busy with work as Congress scrambled to go out of session for the summer.

I also had out-of-town plans every weekend beginning with the last weekend in July that included trips to Pittsburgh, a long weekend in Atlanta for my dad's 65th and, of course, a weekend away for my BIG 4-0. Whoa. 

During the past month I've also moved (the day before my b-day) and I had agreed to complete a sizable freelance piece around the same time. Although I had movers move all the big stuff I handled a lot of it on my own, taking about four additional days to complete everything. 

Now, just as I'm settled in the new place and trying to get into a good pattern of sleeping and eating I leaving for a two-week trip to N. California beginning Saturday. Trust me, no complaints about but I've still got some work to finish before my departure. But I'm nearly ready. 

I will be doing some hiking and kayaking out in Yosemite, touring around SF and tacking on a trip to Napa. So there will be some activity in there. 

But my plan upon my return from Cali is to buckle down again. I actually think I've trimmed down during the past month or so (must be the 4,000 times I climbed the stairs in both condos) but I actually can't wait to get back into a routine where I've got good food in the house and am making lunch and dinner and eating a good breakfast. 

I hoping since I've been able to at least maintain that a focused diet and exercise plan will help me drop pounds and tone up. 

Hey Sarah, if you're reading I'd like to get together with you, Debbie and Maureen sometime next month for a little 4-0 celebration. Maureen is meeting me in Cali to do Napa. Should be fun. 

Good luck to everyone as you start off on your new fall routines. 

No comments: