Tuesday, August 19, 2008

143 again

I only exercised once last week--I ended up running three miles on the outdoor track because the one day I made it to the gym, the gym was actually closed! I didn't make it on Friday because I had only gotten two or three hours of sleep the night before and didn't feel up to it, and yesterday I brought my stuff and didn't go because I forgot it was convocation day, which took up the whole afternoon. But I DID ride into work today--it felt like an easier trip, even though I had to stop and catch my breath on one of the hills. But today was cooler than the first time I did this, which helped, and just being more familiar with the route helps as well. I'm looking forward to school starting next week--I should be able to consistently manage to ride to work at least two days a week, and maybe three. I'm debating what to do when it starts getting dark and cold for the commute. The cold doesn't bother me too much--it's not fun, but it's manageable with good clothes and just keeping moving. The dark is harder. There are some really good light systems out there now, but I don't know if I want to invest $200 or more to be able to do this. Well, I DO want to invest that, but I don't know if it's worth it when I may end up wimping out.

No comments: