Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Excited for the peppers

and I suppose the tomatoes also... I was out watering my "garden" this morning and noticed that all three of my pepper plants are loaded with microscopic peppers. One plant has two that are developing nicely, the other one has five and the third had about 10 buds and two bumps. The four tomato plants have multiple green tomatoes on them - but they seem to be growing slowly. The plants I have all came to me as seedlings from Sarah - so I am not sure exactly what I am going to get. She told me that two of the tomatoes are heritage and were acting fragile (in they baby state). Since all of them took nicely to the pots I put them in, I am not sure which were the fragile ones. One plant has two tone green tomatoes - so I think that may be one of the heritage plants - but I am just guessing. They could also be two tone from the sun/water/dirt/bird poop combination that it has been receiving... I have this idea that I am going to chop up and freeze my peppers the way Mom and Dad used to so I can use them year round. Katie and I cook with a fair number of green peppers. I am not sure what I will do with my assumed bumper crop of tomatoes...

My weight was again where it has been for weeks now. I was .4 down from my weigt last week - but that is still within the three pound zone that I expect - but still on the upside from it.

On Saturday I walked to the coffee shop in Reisterstown to meet Kristy for coffee. My shins were KILLING me the whole way there and back. This didn't make a lot of sense to me because I had just walked about the same distance wearing the same shoes on Wednesday and had no problem. But I also noticed that while I was walking on Saturday I was walking very heavily. Like my legs and butt and body weighed more than it normally does. It was weird.

No comments: