Tuesday, December 07, 2010

No heat - no exercise

OK - you all who get out and exercise in this freezing cold weather are INSANE, but I admire you. I started December with the intention of exercising 4 days a week for 30 minutes a day. That is one day less than the goal I set in November, and I MET that goal (mostly). I have not done ONE DAY of extra exercise since December started - only my normal yoga class. I am blaming it entirely on the lack of heat in my house. I know, logically, that it is because I am a lazy butt and didn't actually get myself up and moving that I didn't exercise - but when the temps in my house were in the mid 50s, all I wanted to do was curl up in a blanket and huddle by the space heater. I was completely aware that when I was moving around I was warmer AND the air in the house would warm up (using the portable 98.6 degree radiator), but my brain was doing the "if it is this cold INSIDE what is it like OUTSIDE" thing. So I have one day to get in one more exercise session.

I need to start going to the gym during the day. Afterwork is just not happening for me.

OTOH, my weight was exactly the same this week as last week.

2 comments:

Emily said...

I'm with you! It's way too dang cold INSIDE to exercise, let alone outside!

Sarah said...

Usually I'm at the gym--I've just been making myself run outside once a week so I can get used to it. It HURTS to breathe the cold air (and it makes you have to spit. What's with that?) but I keep thinking about when I ran on the day it was 105 outside and I had to go really slow and walk long sections just to keep from keeling over. The cold is much better, even if it's harder to get going to begin with.