Friday, January 16, 2009

Out of the office on Tuesday

I was supposed to be anyway. I had a training session in Rockville MD, but after I had already driven to Rockville, we found out that they were having problems with their server that day and so we couldn't do the training. However (and this was really annoying!) they didn't just send us home immediately so we could get SOMETHING done for the day, they kept us there for 2 hours more trying to get the system up and running. It was a huge waste of time.

We stopped for lunch in Columbia. We went to The Cheesecake Factory. I had never been there before and people for YEARS have been telling me how good it was. I was craving eggs - so I ordered an omlette. It was SO GROSS. It was like my plate had sat under a heat lamp for a long time. The omlette was incredibly greasy and had a crust on it. The toast was burned black on one side (but someone had flipped it over so you couldn't see it was burnt right away) and there was no butter on it. The homefries were way to brown and dried up. I ate about 1/3 of the omlette, but it was making me sick. When our server came to bring us the check, he asked us if we wanted boxes. I said no, and in fact the food was so bad I couldn't eat it. The manager came and apologized and took it off our check - and then gave me a free piece of cheesecake (I got the lemon raspberry one).

Anyway - so all of that means that I weighed myself, but didn't post my weight. I was the same as before - still. Exactly the same as last week, in fact.

I went to yoga on Wednesday - but was REALLY out of whack. I am not sure why. I ate breakfast which I don't usually do.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Cheesecake and carrot cake from the Cheesecake Factory are quite good. But the one time I ate a meal there it was decidedly so-so. Not gross, but definitely forgettable!

Julie S said...

You have to be selective about what you get. They have a fried macaroni & cheese that is really good even if it will kill you.