Monday, January 26, 2009

I gots a new plan

Hello all,

Great to see everyone to help Sarah usher in *old age*. haha I posted photos on facebook, which you all have probably seen.

So on Friday I started back with my eating and exercise routine. So far, so good. I'm following a 6-week routine I've followed before. I can pretty much do all my workouts at home although I'm going to try to mix them up a bit. I wouldn't mind adding a treadmill workout in there for a change of pace.

My goal this time is to get into the second 6-week plan -- there are three. You should see some of the exercises in the third plan. Whoa. But we'll see. I usually move along pretty quickly strengthwise in this program and it gives my metabolism the necessary kick in the butt it needs (literally) to drop the pounds I've socked on over the holidays and really, since turning 40. Bleck.

I'm also trying to change my morning routine. I'm not a fan of mornings. Even though I felt well-rested heading into Monday that didn't mean I wasn't going to enjoy a few precious extra minutes under the covers.

But my new plan is to get up and do 30-minutes on the bike w/trainer, a interval routine. Then do weights or whatever else after work. I'm also going to add back in at least one walk per day after a meal. Some days it's pretty much impossible but I'm going to push myself when I get home if I have to.

It shouldn't take long to incorporate the changes.

So overall I'm feeling positive and generally organized. That's a huge thing for me to have all my ducks in a row so I can maximize my day and get in the exercise I need.

It was actually kinda sad to see how out of shape I've gotten. Pretty much everything I did -- weights, core (killer) and yes, even stretching, hurt. So I've got plenty of improvements to make and it shouldn't be too hard to see some of those changes quickly. There's much work to be done.

Have a good week everyone.

1 comment:

Amy said...

What is this six week (times three) plan that you are referring to? Can I have one too?