Wednesday, January 07, 2009

More yikes

I remembered that yesterday was weigh-in day, but didn't have a chance to post. I was 145.8 yesterday--a pound and a half up from before Christmas, and many more pounds more than I was not long ago! It's showing, too--my clothes are getting too tight and I'm looking generally more flabby.

But I'm back to exercise, at least. I got out four times over the winter break, and am back to my gym routine as of this week. My nifty new heartrate monitor is fun to play with and that novelty will keep me exercising at least for a few weeks. I like that it stores the data for your exercise sessions so you can see how often you exercised in any week, what your average heartrate was, how many calories you burned, etc. Biking over the break was nice. I only went about 15 miles the one time I went out, but burned more than 800 calories. It was one of the windy days and I was working against a headwind for more than half of the ride, so it was more work than it really should have been.

Last night I dreamt that it was the day of the triathlon but that the swimming portion had been replaced with a photography competition. I like that idea! But in my dream I was worried because I knew that generally portraits won the competition and I'm not so good with portraits.

No comments: