Monday, January 12, 2009

My progress

Or, more accurately, my stagnation. I know it's not "official" until tomorrow, but I was the same weight this morning as I was last Tuesday. This in spite of lots of exercise (seven sessions, a total of four hours and 56 minutes, with 2,396 calories burned. Broken down, that was 1:52 of light exercise (walking the dog, pilates), 1:36 of hard exercise (running), and 1:16 of moderate exercise (elliptical, stationary bike. The stationary bike was supposed to be hard exercise but I just couldn't get my heart rate up high enough on that machine). My heart rate monitor is lots of fun for someone with mild OCD!). But clearly I'm still eating too much--a lot of the Christmas goodies are still around (mostly the chocolate variety) and I need to find the willpower to stay away from them.

What I really want to know is, why didn't I exercise for four minutes on Sunday so I could hit an even five hours of exercise?

No comments: