Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Three years

It was three years ago that we started this blog. Well - sort of. Offically it was on September 6th, but it was the Tuesday after Labor Day that we started - so I think of today as the anniversary. That means it has been 2 years and 10 month since I lost any weight. Sigh.

I was especially high this morning. I was UP outside of my "allowed zone." In fact, I am seriously edging on 100 pounds overweight. That shocked and horrified me this morning. I was feeling pretty chill for the past few weeks about my weight. I mean, I know I weigh more than I like - by a fair amount - but for most of the summer I have not been GAINING weight - so that is a good thing. But I guess for the past several weigh in days my "not gaining" has still been on the high end of my range - which I guess counts as gaining if my "holding steady" number is constantly slightly higher. Gack!

I didn't eat well this weekend. I ordered a pizza Saturday night (grilled chicken, ultra thin crust, green peppers) and ate that for all meals all day Sunday. I had a blueberry muffin and sushi on Sunday. That was about it. I didn't cook anything myself - and I didn't have enough protein. I also think I was heavy on salt comparatively. I probably haven't been drinking enough water lately - I woke up with creases all over my body this morning - which is usually from not enough water. I will try to increase that. Again. Still. I never seem to drink enough water.

The only exercise I got this weekend was taking Davey for a walk on Sunday night. We did about 2.5 miles. I really liked walking him. I like walking at night. I don't know why - but I think I always have. There is something vaguely edgy about it. It reminds me of Halloween, and being at Pennsic and being a teenager and stuff. I get more urges to walk at night than any other time. However, I would never do it without a dog. I noticed that even with mild mannered Davey Dog people I passed would give us a little bit of distance. I like that. It is like walking around with an obvious defense weapon. Unfortunately, getting a dog of my own is out of the question. I think I may ask John if I can walk his dog for him. I never seem HIM walking his dog - but I know he takes him over to his parents a lot.

No comments: