Friday, September 05, 2008

Plugging away

I don't have anything interesting to post -- I'm just trudging along with my diet and didn't want to wait until Tuesday before posting again.  I am back to the world's most dull daytime foods -- cereal for breakfast and a ham or turkey sandwich for lunch.  That leaves me with the most flexibility for dinner, and sometime during the day I'm eating a piece of fruit (mostly pears this week, but some bananas as well) and I have something sweet after lunch (currently the very dangerous Rainbow Chips Deluxe cookies, 80 calories apiece and hard to quit with one).  My weight is finally (slowly) budging downwards; I'm still not outside the range of mere fluctuations yet, but at least it's not consistent anymore!

Amy, how's dropping the gluten-free going for you?  I'm nervous about you doing that -- you had such a poor reaction to the gluten test and your weight has been more consistent of late, though you said it's creeping upward most recently.  If it suddenly flies up again we'll know!  But I also know you cheat on the gluten regularly (e.g. when you're at my house or camp) and it hasn't been that bad for you.  Here's hoping.

No comments: