Monday, November 09, 2009

Despicable Me

I have been blaming my weight gain on Norway, but as of this morning I'm up four pounds SINCE then. Maybe five. At any rate, I'm still gaining, at a rate of a pound or two per month. For the past month or so I've been exercising vigorously three to four days a week, and over that time my weight has gone up three to four pounds. So, as in the past, exercise alone is simply not enough.

It has gotten to the point that I am thoroughly grossed out by my own appearance -- for the first 10-15 pounds of gain it wasn't really noticeable (though my boobs looked pregnant and my clothes were tight) but now I'm blobby all over. Ever since I started feeling YUCK about my appearance I've been trying to motivate myself to cut back on my calories but I haven't seemed to be able to get moving on it -- and this during the two months of the year (September and October) when I have traditionally been very motivated and organized about losing weight.

So now I'm forced (by a new high today) to try to cut calories during peak calorie season. I've started logging my foods on Daily Plate but I tried that once before this year and I'm fearing that that won't be enough. I need some stupid challenge or a weight loss competition or SOMETHING to get me moving and keep me going! I'm already OK on the exercise front -- I'm making gym appointments and sticking to them and I'm finishing my third week of the 100 push-ups challenge (but I missed Friday because of the slumber party and didn't make it up this weekend -- shame on me, and now I'm behind), but I have a food addiction -- especially sugar! Our house is loaded with fresh fruit right now -- we have clementines, apples, and bananas, and we just used up the grapes -- but I always end up going for the candy -- which we are also loaded with right now. Help!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Oh - don't hate yourself! I know from personal experience, calling yourself names is NOT going to help the issue. I wish I had better advice - but it is a start at least. I know how frustrating it is to work and work at improving habits only to see the opposite results from what you intend. The only other thing I can say is keep at it - but don't be obsessed with it. Stressing over this also produces the opposit results.