Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Our challenge

ONE - to exercise twelve of the sixteen days before Thanksgiving. Bonus points for extra days.

TWO - to plan meals for every day between now and Thanksgiving. You can either sit down and plan all sixteen days now or plan two days at a time each day so that you get ahead eight days by the middle of the time. Or something in between. Or plan a week in advance each week. Or whatever works for you.

What "plan meals" means is up to you -- just something that will allow you to eat more healthy foods in the quantities you require. In Amy's case it means all this lower GI and fiber and such. In my case it means I need to know what dinners we're having so I can shop in advance so I'm not always going to the grocery store at 6 pm when I'm starving, so we end up with junk food in the house that I can resist until dinner time or right after that, when I start consuming mindless junk. It's bad for the whole house. So I need to plan dinners, which means I know what other food groups I should be covering during the day and how many calories I should be getting at those meals and snacks, so I don't find myself at dinner time with only 400 calories behind me and another 800 or so to go.

Who's interested in meeting the challenge? It's only two weeks -- we should all be able to do this!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Does physical therapy count as exercise? I've got two appointments a week where I spend an hour doing various exercises, then on my off days I do more of the ankle exercises. Except for cycling I can't do any other aerobic exercise since it strains my ankle too much. I got out on my bike twice this week before the rain hit, had PT Wednesday and again today, but didn't do anything but the strengthening exercises yesterday.

If that can count for my exercise, then I'm on board for this challenge!

Emily said...

Yes, under the circumstances you can count PT!