Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Moving in the right direction

Last week I carefully counted calories M-F. On Saturday I started caving in to more treats and on Sunday I gave up almost entirely, but after a week of calorie restriction (and since church kept me from eating before 11, so I had a late start) my appetite wasn't that outrageous so I didn't completely undermine my efforts. I'm 5 1/2 pounds down from last Monday -- which tells me a chunk of the weight wasn't real, but I've probably lost a real two or three pounds, anyway, and as of yesterday I was back to calorie restriction. I took the kids to McDonald's last night (Daniel is out of town and we'd had Girl Scouts -- which I'd almost forgotten about -- and we had no groceries, and it was 8:30) and got a salad even though the fries smelled REALLY good. I ate all of three french fries all evening, and I was stuffed on the salad (even with very little dressing), so much so that when I stayed up way past my bedtime I didn't get hungry before bed.

My response to the challenge has been less successful, however! I did dinner planning for the next month as of Saturday, but then I promptly ignored the first three days of the plan. And the only exercise I had on Saturday was my push-ups (I'm working on the hundred push-ups plan) and a short walk with the kids, and then NONE on Friday or Sunday. Yesterday I had an appointment, but then a friend came over (I've barely seen her in the past year or so) so I cancelled, which is why I forgot about Girl Scouts as well, and I never managed to fit exercise in. So after only a few days of the challenge I've already completely missed three days, which gives me only one day of leeway in the next week and a half. Yikes! Time to go back to no-excuses exercise!

No comments: