Monday, November 23, 2009

Update

I ate poorly this weekend. I stopped tracking it because I couldn't remember what I ate. It wasn't a LOT per se, but none of it seemed to have nutritional value. I ate popcorn, canned soup, spinach dip (at the coffee shop where Loch Raven played) some Girl Scout cookies... I can't remember what all. By Sunday night I wanted straight up protein. So I got sushi. The plain old blobs of raw fish sushi. It was SO good!!

I have been pretty good on the exercise front. Saturday I got up and immediately put on my exercise clothes and tennis shoes (brand new on Friday!) to go out for a walk. I got no farther than downstairs, I DID, however, exercise - in the working in the yard sort of way. I ended up cleaning up the deck, which was in desparate need of cleaning. I moved all of the big planters off of the deck onto the stairs, threw out all of the little plastic seeding pots (which - it just now occurred to me - I might regret) moved the fireplace from its tucked away "storage" spot back onto the main deck, swept everything - several times - scrubbed and scraped at some of the moldy black and green spots - pretty much to no avail. I really need to power wash it next spring. There are several branches of the big pine tree behind us that I want to take down. There is no way I could get all of the over hanging branches, but I want to get the ones that reach farthest into my yard. I also really need to get gravel delivered to spread over the non-patio area of the yard (otherwise known as the mud pit) under the deck. You can't even walk on it currently. It is too muddy. I did a calculation on how much gravel I would need to cover that area and, based on 18x15 feet 2" deep (although, it is probably more like 15x12 feet) it would be THREE TONS! I can't haul three tons of gravel. Maybe I will just buy one bag of gravel each time I go to home depot until the area is covered. I wonder how long that would take? That actually kind of makes sense for the short term. I could do a path area from the bottom of the steps to the slider at least. Hummmmmm....

So, after I did all of this I felt bad that I hadn't actually gone out for my walk - so a few hours later I took a short (about a mile or so) walk around the neighborhood. Then Saturday night after I got back from the coffee shop I did my push-ups. My calves were still feeling it, but my tricepts were REALLY feeling it. Yay!

Sunday, however, I did no exercise. Sigh.

Today we did a team lunch. I hate that I can never positively influance my people into where to go for lunch. Not that ANY prepared food is that good for you, but they ALWAYS want to eat at Silver Spring Mining Company. I hate that. Their food - first of all - isn't very well prepared. Then, everything is deep fried and/or covered in cheese. It is like TGIFridays, only I don't like it as much. So I had a Bison Burger. It is leaner than beef (supposedly). I ate only half of it - and it was very dry. It did, however, come with one onion ring (my perfect portion) and then fries. I usually remember to order not the fries (applesauce is my preferred substitute - or a salad). Believe it or not, I don't really LIKE French fries that much, however, if they are there, I will often eat them. Today was one of those days. I ate all of the fries. I think I did that because our server was very slow to return to our table after we were done eating, and I was enjoying the conversation - so I wasn't paying attention and so picked at the fries on my plate. I did pack some of them up with my remaining half burger, but I ate them this afternoon.

I have to get back onto Daily Plate. I was on over the weekend, but not diligent...

No comments: