Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Challenge update

When did I sign on to the challenge? I can't remember. I know that there weren't anything like 16 days until Thanksgiving when I signed on, but I'm mentally starting it from last Tuesday, so starting from that date I've done five days of exercise (two outdoor cycling, two PT, one exercycle). I had planned to get to the gym today but that isn't going to happen this late in the day, so I'll do pilates tonight. I think that's close enough to what I'm doing in PT that it shouldn't injure me more, and I really need to work on my core strength.

Meal planning is fine for the meals that I plan, which is pretty much just breakfast and lunch. I never didn't plan them, so it's not exactly a challenge! Brian is in charge of dinner, and he's been good about that as well so we've been eating regularly and not junk. I've been craving soup, though, so tonight I'm making roasted cauliflower curry soup and tomorrow (or Thursday or Friday, depending on my time) I'm making garlic soup. Yum. Claire will hate it. The kid can't stand soup.

In other news, I counted up my hours spent last week with Girl Scout activities--27 hours last week! Admittedly 7 of those hours were ostensibly spent sleeping, but the rest was all waking hours of hands-on time. No wonder I kept falling asleep on the sofa at night! And that was on top of running the Children's Liturgy at Mass on Sunday (anyone remember the readings? It was all apocalyptic end of the world stuff--soooooo much fun to bring down to a kid's level!), going to a conference in DC on Monday and Tuesday, plus my usual workdays the rest of the week (which included a lunch event), two days of basketball for Claire and a team meeting with Connor's therapists on Saturday. So if I could do five days of exercise in there with all of that, I have no excuses for any other week of the year!

No comments: