Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Unchanged

My weight wasn't down today, but it also wasn't up, which I consider a victory.  But it was the 4-week anniversary of my first day back on the Wii, so it scolded me for failing to meet my 4-pound weight loss goal.  This time I set a 2-pound, 2-week goal, figuring that I might be able to lose weight before Christmas, but after that I'll have to set a much (MUCH) longer-range goal.  Yesterday I went to an event where they had lots of junk food, but I only ate one bite of Alexander's brownie bite (store-made, and I realized that it wasn't all that good, so I wasn't missing anything) and a couple of slivers of cheese (which are vaguely nutritious).  I'm missing the Girl Scout leaders' meeting this year (every month -- it conflicts with our troop meeting and my co-leader is their communications coordinator, so she has to go, and therefore I can't) so that's at least one bullet dodged.  But I think there's a dessert party coming up in a week or two, and I'm counting that day as hopeless; I just like desserts too much.  (I'm going to make my amazing chocolate brownies, which always get eaten up before any other lesser brownies at these events.  I might have to place a King Arthur order in advance to get the right cocoas.)  Nevertheless, I think I can keep the binge-eating at a minimum until Christmas, when the candy enters the scene; for some reason, having that around the house is a bigger downfall for me than all the fancy dinners and amazing desserts.

I got no exercise today.  This was my Radford Library day (only two weeks left!  Hooray) followed by two and a half hour of utterly useless choir practice.  My step count hasn't even hit 2500.  And I came home desperate for a glass of wine, which means two.  And then polishing off the last ounce in the bottle.  I just shouldn't start.  This is not the way to lose weight.  Tomorrow is again busy from 2 pm on. Friday is packed after 4 pm.  These would be fine, in the sense that this gets me out of the house during my munchies time, but I get so wiped out having to be "on" all day that I just want to veg, with alcohol and junk food.  At least on Friday I'm guaranteed a tiny bit of exercise; Cecilia and I have to walk from her concert at the tree-lighting to the start of the parade, and then I get to walk the parade length (which isn't that far, I think).  It's not much, but it's something.  Tomorrow my best hope is to get up on time and do something almost useless on the Wii.

No comments: