Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Ack! Forgot to post yesterday

So, weigh-in day after Thanksgiving: no fun.  I gained .4 pounds from the week before, so I was up to 149.2.  Today I was at 149 even.  I'm such an idiot.  I need to lock myself in a cell (or my office seems to work) to stay away from food.  At home I have no will power.

Really nothing else to report.  I've been having spells of lightheadedness, which isn't from lack of food or low blood pressure, unfortunately.  I'm thinking brain tumor.  Or inner ear problem.  Or stress.  But it's getting annoying.  I'm pretty sure it's stress--the spells started Monday evening, right after getting the news of Dad's ARDS diagnosis and on the same day I spoke with the transplant coordinator about details of Connor's BMT.  And walking seems to help the lightheadedness, which also points to it being stress induced.  So obviously I need to exercise more, and not just for weight loss.  I'll try to move my bike inside to the trainer tonight so I have no whiny excuses about the weather.

2 comments:

Emily said...

I think you need to take up Tai Chi. Or some other non-painful relaxation method. Chocolate. I'm told that releases endorphins, too. Wait -- isn't that what we're supposed to be limiting? Better make it Tai Chi.

Sarah said...

Sadly, it's true that sugar seems to help reduce the lightheadedness, and it's easier to eat something sweet than to do tai chi or acupuncture in my office!