Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The way it should be

I was just thinking about April in Ireland and the big, hearty breakfasts we have all experienced in our lives. The ones in Ireland are memorable because a) YUMMMMMMM! and b) they really can carry you through the bulk of the day. So my question is - Why don't WE eat like that? It makes sense. The biggest meal of the day should be at breakfast. I understand the argument that the big meal of the day should be at lunch - only at lunch most of us are entering into the down swing of our daily cycles. It doesn't matter if I have a container of yogurt or a whole pizza - right after lunch I want to take a nap. But how often do you say "Ugh! I need a nap!" right after breakfast? Not counting Christmas morning...

Maybe I should test this theory. I need to start tracking my calories again - and then I want to start shifting when I eat those calories.

No comments: