Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Day 2

I've decided that three liters of water makes more sense in southern California than it does in Maryland. I actually ended up drinking well over three liters (forgetting that I get thirsty at night, I forced down close to three liters at work, when I wasn't especially wanting the water), but I do think it's excessive for our climate (or at least for sedentary office workers in our climate).

I went to bed at 10:00 last night. Everyone else was still up, and I sat there for most of an hour before falling asleep, but I wanted to get to bed that early so that I could get up at 5 a.m. for a bike ride. Turns out it's too dark at 5 a.m. to ride without lights, and I hadn't charged my lights, so I didn't go out until 5:30. So it was also a shorter ride than I had hoped--not even nine miles. I was hoping to manage 12 - 15 miles in the mornings a few days a week with longer rides on the weekends, so I guess I'll have to keep my lights charged and get used to riding in the dark.

I dropped nearly two pounds overnight. This is some diet! Not really--yesterday morning I could barely get my rings on, I was so puffy. Then I remembered that on Sunday I ate bacon for brunch, ham for dinner, and finished the day with beer and popcorn, so I was retaining water like a water balloon. I was 146 this morning (which, admittedly, still isn't great, but isn't as alarming either).

No comments: