Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Stess and Excitement!

Between Stress with work (Open Enrollment) and Excitement/Anxiety over traveling, I'm holding steady but not losing very much over the last 2 weeks.  I've held steady at 213.  I'm not sure whether Ireland will bring a gain, a loss or a steady maintenance of my weight.  I guess we shall see.

Regarding food while we're over there (I've never been)...our plan is to enjoy the large breakfast at the B&Bs where we'll be staying.  Then have a late lunch/early dinner then a snack (of some sort).  With all the walking we'll be doing, I'm sure I can't do TOO BAD.  It isn't like we're going to the beach where the entire trip is centered around food and Dumsers :)

Next week on Tuesday, I'll be in Galway :)

Hope everyone has a great couple of weeks...I won't be back online until probably July 1st.  We don't get back until the 29th. 

5 comments:

Emily said...

I hope you have an amazing time! I envy you!

Sarah said...

Lucky you! I was looking at my Ireland pictures a couple of nights ago and wishing I was there again. We were there two years ago at the same time of year--end of June.

I gained about four or five pounds while in Ireland (and Norway, but I mostly blame Ireland)--the breakfasts probably had as many calories in one meal as I'd normally eat in a day, and I have a real weakness for fish and chips and Guinness! The strawberries, though, were the most amazing ones I've ever had in my life.

Vicki said...

Ireland also has some of the best salmon and beef I've ever had and you don't have to eat heavy meals. Galway is a wonderful little town and very walkable. I loved the west of Ireland.
You will definitely get your exercise and will be hungry. Your eating clock will be off, too, because it stays light out so late. I recall literally forgetting to eat dinner because it wasn't dark enough.
A good Irish breakfast will keep you going though. Have fun and enjoy the food -- it's good and generally pretty healthy, especially with a pint or two of Guinness.

Sarah said...

Ooh, Vicki's right about the light messing you up. I had forgotten about that! You eat this huge breakfast, aren't hungry for lunch until the mid to late afternoon, and then start thinking about dinner as the sun sets, at which point you realize that it's 10:00 or later and all the restaurants are closed!

Julie S said...

Look for a Drifter candy bar...my all time favorite on any continent. Curly Wurlys are good too, as are flakes. If you get a chance for a 99'er, have it. Vanilla soft serve with a flake stuck in the top. And curry chicken and chips...soooo good.

Have fun! The Burren is my favorite area in the republic; the Giant's Causeway wins for the north. I guess it is no secret that I have a thing for rocks...