Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Long time no blog

So I took the last five or six weeks off of exercising. At that point, anytime I'd try to do anything, I'd end up making my ankle and knee even worse than they were, so I figured that only time was going to heal these problems. I'm still not entirely healed--by the end of each day my leg aches, but the pain isn't sharp except for when I land wrong when I'm walking. Yesterday I decided enough was enough and I went for a walk, only it turned out to be more of a run/jog. Wwalking hurts more and is deadly boring. I did my usual route around campus (3.4 miles) in just over 42 minutes, which doesn't completely suck given that I walked almost half of the route and kept the running to a slow jog. I ached worse than usual last night, but don't have any ill effects today, so I don't think I reinjured myself. I'm going to take today as a rest day and try again tomorrow. My heart rate was higher than it used to be on this same route, but I guess that's to be expected after taking so much time off of exercising. It felt good to be out and moving again.

During all of this time off of exercising I also didn't weigh myself at all. I was scared to see how much I was gaining, and I felt like such a lazy slug that I figured my weight would reflect that. But it turns out my weight is roughly the same as it was before--I was 146.8 this morning. I'm pretty sure some of that was gaining fat and losing muscle, but at least I'm not starting off again as badly as I thought I might be.

No comments: