Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Tuesday post on Tuesday

It's just not the same Tuesday, so this'll be two Tuesday posts in one--I meant to post last Tuesday as well. I was getting back into exercising last week, after taking the week off after the triathlon. I want to spend the fall focusing on two things--strength training and weight loss. I was up to 148.8 last week (yikes!), although I'm down this week to 146.4. That's still about an extra 10 pounds or so I'm carrying around, and I really DO mean "carrying around." If I can maintain my aerobic conditioning and increase or maintain muscular strength, then think how much easier it would be to run four miles or bike 20 miles if I weren't carrying a ten pound weight around my waist! So as of last week I was back to a plan of three days of weight training and three days of aerobic training per week, only I immediately fell off the bandwagon and only managed two of each. But at least it's something, right? And I'm already behind this week since I wasn't at work on Monday and thus wasn't at the gym on Monday.

No comments: