Thursday, September 03, 2009

Tuesday Check-in On Thursday

As I reported in my last post (or the one before that) I have been steadily gaining again. I think it was because I was eating like crap all summer - but now I am not so sure. Katie and I have been back to our breakfast routine for the better part of three weeks, yet today (when I finally weighed myself) I was up AGAIN! So, after holding steady (an increase of about two or three pounds) for close to 18 months I have jumped up 10-12 pounds in three months. This, I think, is cause for alarm. My added bonus to this is over the past several weeks I have noticed myself getting breathless very easily. It takes VERY little to make me start breathing like I just ran several miles. Again - cause for alarm from my perspective.

The sad thing is that I feel absolutely NO motivation to do anything about this. Usually, when I would see my weight increasing or my activity ability decreasing I would get excited about planning healthy meals - or a new diet - or something. Now, I just feel tired of it all. Not discouraged exactly, more like resigned. My weight is increasing again? Oh well. Nothing I can do about it. Out of breath? Maybe I better start exercising... tomorrow... I don't feel like making a plan - and I LIKE to plan!!

So - Here is my half hearted plan... I am going to start going to the gym during my lunch breaks again. I am going to change HERE go there and then walk (or run slowly!) on the treadmill for half an hour. That is it. I can handle that... right? I still have the swimming goal in mind too, but that will be IN ADDITION to this other workout. Besides, getting my aerobic capacity up again through walking will help with the swimming too. I don't know what to do about the eating. Katie and I HAVE been eating pretty well for the past three weeks. I have increased my fiber dramatically - although, I haven't really decreased my sugar. I really AM like an alcoholic. I was fine with my minimal sugar in my life up until the last several months and now I can't imagine how I will purge it again. Darn me!! (Oh - connection much between when I started eating cookies, etc. again and when my weight started increasing? And - now that I think about it THAT was triggered by eating yummy candy in Norway. I AM an alcoholic!!! Only with sugar!!! GRRRRR! Although, now that I think about Norway, my out-of-breathness started with the swine flu I had in Norway. I was having AN AWFUL time breathing there ((lung sickness and mountains)) that has never gone away... I need to strengthen my lungs!! I wish I could quit smoking again, but that horse has already left the barn...)(I wonder if that aside should have been it's own paragraph?)

So there we have it. I will start walking again. I will continue my GOOD eating habits and reduce (stop) my sugar intake.

No comments: