Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The day after Tuesday

So... I haven't been exercising much (though I did take the kids out for a jog the other day, but that wasn't exactly strenuous for me -- well, except for Cecilia's whining) but I have at least been watching my intake (some of the time). Basically I've cut out the cookies and other junk food snacking, at least for a good chunk of the week. I can think of a thousand exceptions, though. OK, so I haven't been all that good. My weight went down to 157 by yesterday, and then I totally caved and ate badly from 4 pm on yesterday, and I was punished by a weight of ... 156.5 today? That can't be right.

Anyway, this tells me that I really am ready to shed this weight if I'll just get my act together. The 156.5 is the lowest I've seen except for the first day we were back, which was a fluke 156. Our routine isn't very well established yet, I'm sorry to say; we tried to get going as of Monday, but we wound up with a playdate that afternoon, and then today we had a dentist appointment. And yesterday Mary's math took her from 11 am to 5:30 pm. I keep thinking things will settle down but they haven't so far! I guess I just need to stop waiting for that and just schedule the gym appointments, and hope that the kids find a way to get their work done anyway.

No comments: