Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Walking Works launch

That was yesterday. I meant to post yesterday and got no further than getting on the blohg. Anyway - so yesterday was day one of Walking Works. I haven't uploaded my steps yet - but I am thinking I didn't break 3000. Maybe 3500. I have a new walking plan though. My plan is that I will walk 10 minutes before I leave for work and 10 minutes when I get home. I won't change my clothes or shoes or anything - I will just walk. Then I hope I can get another 10 minutes in in the middle of the day. Granted, that isn't A LOT - but it is better than what I have been doing. Right? I was also thinking that I need to add extra walking when I go to the bathroom. This is how I do my water drinking when I am focused on that (which, BTW, I started up again this morning). Everytime I go to the bathroom I chug a bunch of water first (or after if first seems like a bad idea...). So - last year I started walking the long way around the circle in our building to get to and from the bathroom. NOW, I think I need to take it further. I think I need to walk the long way around AND through the cafe. Or maybe follow it up with a lap around the parking lot. Anything to get the extra steps in.

My weight this morning was up by a pound - but still about four pounds down from my high.

I started tracking my food again yesterday. It is enlightening (not really) because my calories were WELL within what I am allowed - but I had NO good calories other than the stuffed pepper April gave me for lunch. I had WAY too much sugar! I need to get back to meal planning...

No comments: