Tuesday, August 09, 2011

I've been checking in almost daily

But nobody has been around and we were all in mourning after the house fire anyway. I have not been exercising much (but Daniel dragged me out for walks several nights last week, just 30 minutes, two miles on very flat ground, and once to the gym, and I have ridden my bike to commute a couple of times, and I jogged after the kids to downtown and back twice this weekend -- OK, so not as lazy as I thought, but not active) and have been eating whatever the heck I feel like. Reveling in the non-diet, actually. And my weight has remained completely, stubbornly constant, except for a 3-day scale-freak-out where it went up 2.5 pounds overnight, then went down the same amount afterwards. Poor scale is getting elderly. Then, today, after being exactly the same weight every day except those three, since we got back from Spain, it went DOWN a half pound to 143.0. I don't get this at all. It tells me that the scale is not broken (I've never seen such consistency before) but not much else. Maybe my muscle is reverting to fat? They use the "you're gaining muscle" excuse when you fail to lose weight, so surely the reverse can be true when you fail to gain.

I'm up for Game On! My bad habit is going to be Cafe World. I've given it up twice before, but it has a horrid way of coming back. I'm not sure what I'm going to do for the good habit. Plenty of time to think, if we're going to start in September.

No comments: