Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Maybe getting back on track?

Last week I got barely 6 hours of sleep a night. I was going to bed too late and staying up even later reading. It has probably been going on even longer than just a week. So I was starting my days late (and cranky) and eating irregularly. Add to that that I haven't been exercising, and it's hardly surprising that my weight finally started creeping up this weekend. Daniel and I went to bed on time on Sunday -- but stayed up half the night talking, while I read and he played PvZ (thanks, Amy!). Yesterday we declared an end to this. We both went to the gym in the afternoon, we went for our walk in the evening, we munched on veggies (NOT chips or cheese, and no alcohol) during our nightly Doctor Who episode, and we were in bed not long after 11. I got a full 8 hours of sleep (but I woke up at 5:30 am first and had to make myself go back to sleep) and woke up with a lower weight today than I've seen in a while (142.0 -- though of course I know it's unlikely to be permanently there, unless I can make the other changes permanent).

I am not looking forward to the return of school and obligations to be out several evenings a week and having to bark at the kids all day, but, golly day, am I ever craving routine! We are not starting school until Labor Day (which is later than I realized this year -- I wish I had said we'd start a week sooner), but with Daniel starting classes next week things should start to smooth out a bit overall. And we start Game On the same week as school (if we can get more takers!) so that will be even better for me.

2 comments:

Amy said...

We need to get the bridesmaids who are not on this board, on board with the Go Team! Diet thing. That gives us two more people, plus Katie who I will have to talk to directly since she doesn't get to see the blog often.

I will also talk to Ginger and April directly. I want to be on April's team!

Amy said...

And - BTW - a six hour night of sleep is a GOOD night for me. I am back to wearing my arm band thing-y and the first night I got 4:52 and last night - I haven't checked yet - but I went to bed earlier, but couldn't sleep.

THEN - I haven't been able to get myself up and going in the mornings. For the first time EVER I have been hitting the snooze button multiple times!