Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Scary cycling thighs

My weight today was 143.2. Not great, but I can live with that.

What I'm not liking is I had to buy a pair of size 12 pants tonight. I was at Eddie Bauer trying on jeans. I always wear a 10 from EB (always being relative--always in the past three years, though), but I had the foresight to try on the jeans instead of just buying them. Length good, waist and hips good, thighs--not good. Really tight to the point of bunching up and visibly straining. And I've noticed this with my "skinny jeans" too--they still fit but every time I put them on, they are tighter around the thighs. All I can figure is it's all the cycling (and running and swimming, but mostly the cycling) I'm doing that's building up these enormous scary thigh muscles. It's nice that there's no jiggle in the area at all, but I hate it that all this exercise is making me go UP a size!

2 comments:

Vicki said...

Life must be tough being a buff woman. But maybe they'll continue to trim as you keep working out. Did you get those workouts I sent you?

Either way you're in great shape and really shouldn't worry about it.

Amy said...

Again - I gotta agree with Vickie. I hate having to buy a size 12 - FOR EACH LEG! 8-)