Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Ack! It's Tuesday!

Almost let this one get by me.

I've been just plain lazy the past week. I only exercised three days/four times last week (one day was two sessions since I biked to work), and one of those days was walking the dog so it hardly counts. Naturally my weight is up this week--143.6. Bleah. But that's what I get for not paying any attention to what I eat and only exercising minimally.

On the other hand, my swim last week was good. I decided to just not pay attention to all the drills and intervals I normally do and skip the rests between sets and just swim. For the triathlon this summer I'll have to swim the equivalent of 22 laps, so I just counted off 22 laps and had no problem finishing them at all. It was still half breaststroke, and I wasn't trying to speed through any of it. I was going for straight endurance just to see if I could do the distance without pausing. I want to say my time was 27:40, but I can't remember precisely. And my heart rate was LOW--it didn't even count as hard exercise since I didn't get my heart rate past 160 for more than a few minutes. So overall a good workout.

And then except for walking the dog, that was it for last week--I hadn't exercised at all since last Wednesday (had to run out for supplies for scouts on Thursday and was in training on Friday. Saturday I spent recovering from Friday night's overnight, and on Sunday I went from the Sheep and Wool Festival to baseball with Connor to cooking dinner) until today when I went for a run for the first time in nearly two weeks. I don't know why I let myself do this. I *could* have found some time on Saturday to go for a run, but I didn't. And the more I put off working out, the less I want to work out. I had to drag myself to the gym today, whining to myself the whole way. And of course once I started I was fine. Big baby.

No comments: