Tuesday, May 12, 2009

147.2

Yes, that's the worst it has been since I got to Norway, at least for a weigh-in day.  For the past two days it was at 148.6 but I knew it was bloat since my rings wouldn't go on.  I have NO idea why I'm retaining water at this point in the month, but there it is.  Unfortunately, not all of the weight I've put on is water.  Our outing to Sommarøy this weekend involved me eating quite a lot of good food (and a fair amount of only so-so food, but it was food I didn't have to cook!) and drinking far too much alcohol.  And then I ate out again on Mother's Day, which involved more too much food and alcohol.  So I've really gained weight.

I went to the storage room to see if there was a bicycle I could ride here -- I would love to circle the island one time before we leave -- but I don't think that's going to work out.  One bike is clearly Harald's; the seat is set up much too high for me and it will require a screwdriver to get it set lower, and even if I can get it adjusted I fear the frame is too long for me, and even if I could ride it, the pedals are the clip-on-shoes kind, which I don't have.  The other bike here is missing its seat.  I found the seat, but even with WD-40 (or the European equivalent) I couldn't get it back into its socket.  And the tires seem a bit aged -- the rubber feels wrong.  I'm not sure where I could rent or borrow a bike or how much it would cost, but that might be an option.  When we get to Oslo I'm going to try to find bikes for all of us.

No comments: