Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Back to Basics

I am starting to really scare myself. This morning I hopped on the scale (actually, more like forced myself - resisting - onto the scale) and was once again FAT. Actually, I thought I was up today, but it just occurred to me that I was actually about 1.6 pounds down from last week. Regardless, my weight is considerably higher than I want it to be.

I ate like crap this weekend - pizza, burger, astronomical - waffle, popcorn, gingerbread, road food (girl scout cookies and pretzels in this case), etc. OTOH, I did a lot more walking than I normally do. My feet were killing me, but I did notice on Sunday that my butt muscles were acting less flabby. My feet are still killing me. I feel like I have spikes poking up into the arch of my right foot and the ball of my left foot.

So I woke up this morning deciding that I really need to get back to the basics of dieting. Eating lesst (and right) and exercising. I have already decided that I am going to dramatically reduce my sugar intake once the holidays pass. That is going to be no refined sugars or alcohol. Things made with agave or sweetened with fruits are fine. I am considering going back to reduced gluten, but I think I want to attack just one thing at a time. In the meantime I want to get my regular eating under control. I am going to set my Daily Plate goal to 1800 calories (the recommended calculation it gives me is 2046 to lose 1.5 pounds per week - I think that is too high). I am going to pay attention that I am hitting that goal each day (not too high, not too low...). And I am going to start doing SOME sort of daily exercise. I don't know how much I can do or how often, but I want to really really get rid of the extra 20 pounds that I added on since last year. I hate that the amount I have to lose keeps building. At this point I would be SO happy to be able to just maintain for a while!

No comments: